Christian English Language Camp 2011

Christian English Language Camp 2011
Group Picture

Friday, July 8, 2011

God's Whisper

Thursday, July 7, 2011
                My name is Mary. I am one of the Polish leaders supervising the camp (probably one of the youngest ;). I must admit this is my first time, but I also have to agree that I really enjoy it. I love teaching. I think children have a great potential, and they haven’t disappointed me this time. I am of the opinion that if we approach them skilfully they may achieve so much that they will be surprised themselvesJ.
                When I look at them, something from the past comes to my mind. A few years ago a young girl came on the stage. Confused, stressed… but happy… . She was supposed to sing a song selected by herself. The title she chosen was “Dreams (do) Come True”. The message of the song was so powerful for her, she felt she can change others’ attitudes by making them familiar with it. She wasn’t the greatest singer in the contest. She did not win any prize,  but after the performance she kept smiling to herself remembering the verses of the song and believing they are true -so deeply. She did not have an outstanding choreography. Filled with self-consciousness she barely could stand on her feet (making mechanical steps from one side to the other) like a pendulum.
              The message conveyed to audience was her prize. The hope that maybe at least one person in the whole room will stop and think for a little longer about his or her dreams and the way to make them come true. She was aware of the fact that not all of them can become reality, but she enjoyed thinking about them anyway (and then….).
                It happened that the young girl was called Mary. And… yes, that was meJ.  Now I am at Christian Language Camp, here, in Białka Tatrzańska (and suddenly) where some of my dreams came true….those which I thought about singing that song years back. I got to know wonderful, faithful /trustworthy people, always eager to help and smiling even when the rain annoys everybody and when tiredness, flu and cold overwhelmed us.  I found unforgettable friends here. I must say the day after tomorrow is going to be not necessarily wet because of rain but because of tears…
                Another dream that came true is the fact that I could communicate in language I am so passionate about. What is more, I could develop my teaching skills through (thanks to) the cooperation with Pam. I feel we taught each other many things, from attitude to techniques used during lessons. But most importantly, we have built a bound with the students we have been teaching. Even though these were only 2 weeks,  I bet not only me but also Pam will miss the kids.
                Another dream was the ability to have  a closer relationship with God. To let Him speak through various things and people.  I don’t know why I lost my dialogue with God. I think before this camp my prayer was mostly monologue. Now I have been listening and waiting for an answer whether it be through other people or signs.  Now after experience a real friendship with God and others, after seeing God in each pair of the eyes of the leaders on our team, I realized He is there all the time with us. He is speaking and acting through us…Let us give Him the opportunity to use our eyes, our mouth, hands and hearts to make the world better. To make others believe that what happens around us is meaningful.
                Now I have the feeling that God waves to us and whispers to us all the time. With every rain drop coming down from the sky. He looks at us with the sunshine. He touches us with the mild wind. He talks to us whenever we stop for a while and find quiet in our heart  in order to listen to our inner voice. Let’s enjoy the beauty he created and let’s help Him develop the greatness of it not only in our lives but also in the lives of others.
                Today’s day was wonderful. It was the sunniest day of the camp. The moment I opened my eyes I screamed with joy  seeing the sunshine filling my room.  “God bless the sun.” Thank you for listening to our prayers about the weather. It gave us an opportunity to conduct our lesson in a bit different way than usually—outside at the river—close to nature and to God. The kids really enjoyed that lesson. They also enjoyed the evening a lot. Today we organized a Mini Playback Show. The children were presenting mainly dancing. They were dressed up and they really did their best. It was a wonderful day. Thank you Lord for this day. Thank you once again for the friendships, experiences and adventures the camp provided me with. Thank you for the great power and enthusiasm in the hearts of our American guests who made it possible to make our dreams come true and to give students an opportunity to take part in one of the greatest camps In Poland or even Europe or the whole world.
Witam wszystkich (blogowiczówJ)!

No comments:

Post a Comment